I LOVE Christmas movies! I think it has to do with an abiding hope that carries the plot... but there are many out there that disappoint - too sentimental, too predictable... poor writing, poor acting.
I have watched many duds to find a few diamonds.
And so here are some of my favorites:
- Christmas in Connecticut - 1945
- The Homecoming: A Christmas Story - 1971
- Bed of Roses - 1996
- On the Second Day of Christmas - 1997
- Four Christmases - 2008
- A Season for Miracles - 1999
- Eloise at Christmastime - 2003
- The Santa Clause - 1994
- Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas - 1977
- Stealing Christmas - 2003
- The Snowman - 1982
- White Christmas - 1954
- It's A Wonderful Life - 1946
Thanks to Jeff at New England Scenic Photography for his great photos that make me feel all Christmas-y!
Photo credit: http://nescenicphoto.com/