The story is enough.

The story is enough.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Movies



I LOVE Christmas movies!   I think it has to do with an abiding hope that carries the plot... but there are many out there that disappoint - too sentimental, too predictable... poor writing, poor acting. 

I have watched many duds to find a few diamonds.  

And so here are some of my favorites:

  • Christmas in Connecticut - 1945
  • The Homecoming: A Christmas Story - 1971
  • Bed of Roses - 1996
  • On the Second Day of Christmas - 1997
  • Four Christmases - 2008
  • A Season for Miracles - 1999
  • Eloise at Christmastime - 2003
  • The Santa Clause - 1994
  • Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas - 1977
  • Stealing Christmas - 2003
  • The Snowman - 1982
  • White Christmas - 1954
  • It's A Wonderful Life - 1946

Thanks to Jeff at New England Scenic Photography for his great photos that make me feel all Christmas-y!

Photo credit: http://nescenicphoto.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment